Pages

Friday, October 22, 2010

Fall-To Layout #113

I was determined to get past the 3 mile mark today on my run, since I came up short yesterday (2.9 miles). My legs were still feeling good at what I thought was the 3 mile mark, so I kept going. When I tracked my route after I got home via gmap-pedometer, I found out that I ran 3.641 miles! Yay! :: pats self on the back ::

Ok, let's play a game. It's called "Guess How Much This Medication Costs." Ready? Alright. Can you guess?
Keep the number in your head. I paid (drum roll, please) $20 for the tiny thing! Insurance covered $78.76. Apparently they are some anti-histamine drops. 2.5 mL. The eye doctor gave them to me as a solution to my sometimes irritated eyes. She gave me the exact same bottle at the appointment for FREE. Why can't I just keep going back for free drops? I thought what she gave me was the sample size. I was sadly mistaken. I checked the box. "Magic" wasn't one of the ingredients listed. What's with the absurd price tag?

Pictures taken last night: Ginger apparently wants me to stop being annoying and shut up. She's not very subtle in her communication skills. At least she didn't scratch me.
Here's my take on Fall-To Layout #113. Because I wanted the 3 squares to be white, I decided to go with a kraft cardstock base so that there wouldn't be too much white in the card. I suppose I could have used a "Happy Anniversary" sentiment, but the birthday one fit better.
Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Dark Peony, Pink Pastel, Rose Coral
Stamps: The Paper Company Studio- Greetings (all)
Punch: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper
Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug (Swiss Dots)
Foam adhesive: Thermoweb

Song on the day: "Love Game"- Lady Gaga.

I'm selling my cards in McLean, Virginia tomorrow. It'll be the first craft show of the season for me. I'm hoping to sell a lot, so that I can buy some of the Tim Holtz distress inks that I've been eyeing since Jennifer McGuire's class in August. :D

0 comments :

Post a Comment