Pages

Sunday, October 10, 2010

CPS #188

We had some nice weather outside today, so instead of cooping myself up to do craft show inventory, I went to Brookside Gardens (a local garden) to take some pictures. I was hoping that the mums would be out (they weren't), but I was pleasantly surprised that some of the roses were hanging in there. Here are a few of my favorite shots. My favorite-ist (sure, it's a word, duh) is the pink rose in the top row, but I can't decide if I like the color or black/white version more.

Even though I spent some time outside, this is not to say that I didn't work on card inventory today. I worked on cranking out several origami penguin cards and holiday origami cards (pandas and penguins). 2 weeks go to before my 1st craft show of the fall/winter season, wheeeeee!

Onward to today's card (CPS sketch #188). I wanted to try something different and use text paper instead of patterned paper. Before I went to the Gardens today, I stopped by the local library and bought an old book (Wuthering Heights) for $1.50, and I used it in today's card. In my first attempt, I stamped a greeting on the text paper in Chestnut Roan, but it didn't stand out against the text, so in my second try, I just left the card without a sentiment. I figured with the color scheme, it shouldn't be difficult to figure out what holiday it's for (Christmas...). I'm loving the new border punch that I bought on Friday. The only downside to it is that there are a lot of punched out bits. The vacuum will have a field day.
Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Chestnut Roan, Blue Iris, Warm Red, Warm Green. VersaMagic chalk ink in Cloud White.
Stamp: Hero Arts- Cling Dots (polka dots), Studio G (stockings), Fiskars- Border-A-Plenty (dashed lines)
Punch: Martha Stewart- Doily Lace, We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper

2 comments :

Unknown said...

Lovely photos, they have really brightened my day...It is very grey where I am. Your cards are too adorable! Come visit my blog, my latest post - help with tagging.

http://charmeddesign1012.blogspot.com/

Gallery32 said...

I really like the B&W rose. It has really nice contrast and gray scale. Thanks for sharing :)

Post a Comment