Pages

Friday, October 8, 2010

Fall-To Layout #111

Hello, Happy Friday! Sorry for the momentary absence. I was in ATL briefly for a work-related meeting. The meeting went well, hooray. Traveling back home was annoying, boo. I sat next to two very chatty UGA students. They didn't know each other, but boy, did they bond over their current college experience. Everything from the Greek life to the library to upcoming events. They talked the ENTIRE 1.5 hour flight. I'm not sure what's worse: sitting next to a conversation you have no interest in or participating in a conversation you have no interest in. I tried to drown them out with some Michael Bublé with my mp3 player with no luck. Needless to say, I was thankful for the "quiet" on the subway. I'm back now, enjoying a 4-day weekend. :D

The flight wasn't entirely bad. A gentleman saw me struggling with getting my luggage out of the overhead compartment and nicely volunteered to help me out. I appreciated his help. The wedged bag was the only thing keeping me from getting one step closer to home.

I made it nearly a month without buying anything crafty, even though I said in this blog post that I wouldn't buy anything new until after my first craft show of the season. Heh. I justified it by using my A.C. Moore $10 off coupon which expires on Halloween. I couldn't let the $10 go to waste! I bought some ribbon that was on sale and 2 border punches: Fiskars Upper Crest and Martha Stewart Doily Lace (buy 1, get 1 50% off). I'm looking forward to trying them out soon.

Here's my take on Fall-To Layout #111. I liked the snowflake example card, but I put a little spin on it by taking the 3 stacked sentiments to heart. I was going to do a ribbon tab on the upper left but didn't have enough space. I wanted the keep the card pretty flat to ensure that it wouldn't get damaged during mailing, but couldn't resist putting some Glossy Accents on it for a subtle touch. Next time, I'll try a narrower strip of white cardstock to leave room. Doing a similar kraft card with a red ribbon tab and red cardstock would be pretty.
Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Charcoal, Prussian Blue, Blue Iris, French Blue, Ice Blue
Stamp: Hero Arts Cling Dots (polka dots), Fiskars- Winter Wonderland (snowflakes), Studio G (sentiment)
Punch: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper
Other: Glossy Accents

1 comments :

Julia said...

Love the Let It Snow card!

Post a Comment