Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Crazy Day

My day was quite the series of oh-so-funny events today...

a. I accidentally stepped in some animal's muck on the way to the car and then proceeded to track it into the car. I was already on my way to work when I realized what had happened. Pee-ew! I was wearing my brand new boots too. Today was the first day I wore them. UGH!

b. I was all prepared to go to the gym right after work today. I went to the bathroom to change. I put my gym shirt on and reached into my bag only to find that I didn't pack gym shorts. SIGH! I ended up putting all my work clothes back on and going home to run around the neighborhood instead.

c. My mp3 player ran out of power just as it hit an extra good song while I was running. BLAH!

d. I found out that a contractor that my dad was thinking of working with miscalculated his estimate by almost $3,000. And he had the balls to come back today to see if he could get my dad's business despite his crappy math skills. I made sure I was at the table to make sure the guy wasn't jipping my dad. In the end, he was not hired. Buh-BYE!

But no worries, today wasn't all bad.

a. I love my new Bandolino tall boots. They are quite comfortable. The creases in my Nine West ones turned into cracks and the heel has been replaced once already. I needed to get a new pair of boots and I didn't find anyone from Nine West that I liked. I'm happy with my purchase.

b. My run came out to 2.9 miles. The last time I went for a longer run, I went 2.6 miles. I hope this means that my endurance is improving! I was also motivated to cancel out all the Halloween candy I ate from a bowl that my co-worker put in his cubicle. I have no will power when it comes to my sweet tooth.

c. There was leftover meeting food from Panera. Yum! :D

For today's card, I wanted to use some American Crafts paper that I came across when I was working on Tuesday's card. The paper's got a tree pattern on it, and I wanted it to be the focus of the card. That's why I didn't add too many elements to the card and kept it simple. I'm not sure how I feel about the solid olive butterfly. He might be blending too much into the background. I'll revisit this card tomorrow and decide whether or not to take him off.

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Olive Pastel. StazOn in Jet Black.
Stamp: The Paper Company Studio- Greetings (sentiment), Martha Stewart- Patterns (on butterfly)
Paper: American Crafts- Metropolitan
Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 8
Foam adhesive: Thermoweb

3 comments :

abundancejournal said...

I like the olive butterfly. I think the color is really interesting.

Whimsicalstars said...

Love the card it looks great! And the butterfly is good, doesn't blend in too much with the background.

Life with Fishlips by AS2Designs said...

Days like this are life's way of having fun with us! Love the card...great colors...butterflies and dots are some of my favorite!

Post a Comment