Pages

Friday, October 15, 2010

Fall-To Layout #112

Happy Friday, everyone! Hope y'all made it through the workweek alright! :)

What's a great way to end the work week? With cookies, of course! :) I made another batch of Rolo cookies to share with VIPS: sister, parents, cousin, and friends. I don't think they'll make it to Monday to share with co-workers.

When I first saw the Fall-To Layout sketch today (#112), I was so ready to use a poofy flower that I made out of old text paper, but then I didn't think the vintage-y look matched with the other bright Christmas colors that I picked out. Oh well, I can always use the flower for another card. Anyway, I decided to veer away from the sketch a little bit by putting an embossed Christmas tree on the card instead of a flower. The star gem and Glossy Accents were used for some extra dimension. I used a blender pen to transfer some of the Chestnut Roan ink to the white cardstock tree trunk. After the card was done, I wanted the trunk to be brown, but it was already adhered to the card. And then when I was transferring the ink, some of the brown got on the green paper. UGH. So then I put some white cardstock on the green paper to make it look like the tree was on a snow covered hill. But then the white cardstock got some marks on it, so I covered it with some green ink to make it look like some grass was poking through the white snow. I was determined to not have to start all over again, can't you tell? Hey, I made it work. That's all that matters to me. :)
Card Specs:
Embossing powder: Stampendous! in white
Embossing ink: VersaMark
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Chestnut Roan, Warm Green
Stamps: The Paper Company Studio- Christmas Expressions (sentiment)
Paper: Me & My Big Ideas- Sugarplum
Punch: Fiskars Upper Crest border punch
Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug (Swiss Dots)
Foam adhesive: Thermoweb
Other: Glossy Accents

2 comments :

Susan (peebsmama) said...

What a fun holiday card and a creative use of the sketch.

Bernadette Bliss said...

What a great card. Love the glossy accents on the tree.

Post a Comment