Pages

Saturday, April 19, 2014

Makeup Organization

I went to another mall today that had a Target, Marshalls, Joann's and Big Lots, but came out with nothing during that trip.  I came home for lunch and went out again to Ulta and Marshalls near my work.  Ulta was having a 40% off sale on Maybelline and Revlon so I got a replacement black eyeliner since I ran out of this one recently, a Maybelline Color Elixir in Signature Scarlet, and a Revlon lip butter in Wild Watermelon. I also found a duo chrome China Glaze nail polish that reminds me of a mermaid's tail.  What made this deal even better is that I had 2 $1 manufactuer's coupons AND the $3.50 off $10 Ulta purchase coupon.  Yay!
I came home and of course had to try the lip gloss and whoa baby, did it pack a punch!  Especially with the eyeshadow I was wearing.  Yikes.  When I went to my parents' house for dinner, my sister Julie was like "Whoa, you're wearing a lot of makeup today."  Mom was like "You wear this much makeup on the weekends?  Where are you going?"  Um, nowhere.  Heh.
I was looking at my makeup collection this afternoon and found that I wasn't really liking how it was organized.  I kept everything in a 3-drawer container (you can kinda see it in this "after" picture), but you couldn't really see everything laid out.  I decided to dig out one of my card displays from my craft room closet that I use for craft shows and use that to display my makeup.  When it comes time to sell some cards, I can dump all the makeup into another box for the day.  No biggie.  I love this system so much more.  The 3-drawer system that has the leftover miscellaneous things got moved into my bedroom closet.

2 comments :

June K said...

You look lovely, Tina. Love your card stand AKA make up stand.

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Happy Easter to you Tina.....thanks for stopping by. I like your makeup organizational abilities....you can see everything at a glance, knowing what you need and don't need....kinda like our stamping stuff, huh :) Have a great weekend.

Post a Comment