Pages

Friday, April 18, 2014

Recipe #2 and #3 of 2014

Yay, day off!  First order of business, spin class (check!).  I also walked 2 miles on the treadmill because I've been slacking on my Fitbit steps.  I had a few YouTube videos to catch up on anyway, so it went by really quickly.

Next order of business, grocery shopping (check!).

I spent most of the afternoon cooking.  I've been meaning to cook the large package of drumsticks that I bought at the grocery store a few weeks back.  It's been sitting in the freezer because I had no idea what to do with it.  I spent some time this week looking up recipes.  I went with Recipe #2: Taiwanese Sesame Oil Chicken Stew and Recipe #3: Molly's Chicken (crock pot).  I was feeling pretty proud of myself with the sesame chicken dish (below) because I don't have to wait for Mom to make it anymore.  I can do it myself! :D  As for Molly's chicken, that wasn't as exciting.  I probably would have been able to get the same result if I tossed the chicken in with some BBQ sauce and let the slow cooker do its thing.  Both recipes resulted in chicken so tender, it fell easily off the bone.
Taiwanese Sesame Oil Chicken Stew

0 comments :

Post a Comment