Pages

Monday, February 23, 2015

A Productive Day Off

I usually take the day off for my birthday but I didn't since I had a committee call that day.  Because my boss was traveling today and I had work things under control, I decided to take today off instead. It was a really productive morning:
  • Went to the library to return some books 
  • Went to the ATM and gassed my car
  • I got to the mall around 9:45 AM.  Costco doesn't open until 10 AM, so I went to Panera to get my free birthday pastry (I got a cinnamon roll).  That took just enough time that once I left Panera, Costco was open.  No crowd.  No lines.  It was awesome.  So much better than yesterday!  I bought 2 containers of strawberries and 1 container of blackberries, yum!  Once I checked that errand off my to-do list, I went to Target, where there's an in-store Starbucks and I cashed in on my free birthday drink (caramel flan latte). 
Time to get some steps in.  I walked to the other end of the mall to JCPenney and perused the in-store Sephora.  On my way back to Target, I noticed two ladies walking into Macy's and as I walked closer, I realize that it was my mom and my aunt doing some last-minute shopping before my aunt leaves for Taiwan tonight.  My aunt wanted to buy a necklace and she couldn't decided between gold and a multi-colored one, so she bought both.  Hah, awesome.

Because of the steps that I did at the mall, at home, at the grocery store to get oatmeal, spin class, a quick treadmill cooldown, and a Fitness Blender video, I managed to get over 17,000 steps today.  The last time I was able to reach anywhere near this level was back in November 2014 with 18,422 steps.  The Fitness Blender workout that I did today was "Cardio, Abs, Butt Workout - Fitness Blender's Red Light Green Light Workout."  This one was tough, but I was able to do the whole workout (not like last time where I had to just stop halfway...).  Also, I've been able to reach 10,000 steps every day this month.  Woot! :)

All this effort today was to balance out the cinnamon roll and latte I had today...

0 comments :

Post a Comment