Pages

Saturday, February 7, 2015

Running Day and FitnessBlender

Today was shaping up to be a lazy day, but I turned it around at 5 PM when I looked at my Fitbit step numbers. I was doing so good this week by hitting at least 10,000 steps every day that it would have been a shame to slack off today. I told myself that all I needed to do was go to the gym for 30 minutes. 30 minutes. That's not bad. It'll be over before I know it. So, I went to the gym and cranked out 2.12 miles on the treadmill and I was able to hit 10,000 by the time I wrote this blog post

In an effort to try something new while incorporating some weight training into my exercise routine, I went to YouTube for some inspiration. I had heard about FitnessBlender (FREE fitness videos!) from another YouTuber and didn't feel motivated to try anything until today (read: I was intimidated). I chose a 30 minute-ish video "Bodyweight Only Fat Burning HIIT Cardio Workout + Total Body Toning" because I thought I could multi-task with doing this workout and laundry at the same time. OMG. I got through about 15 minutes and had to stop because, whew, it was tough! 

For starting the day as lazy as RJ, I was a sweaty mess by the end of today. YAY!

By the way, I got an email about my 10 year college reunion in October. It makes me excited, but anxious at the same time. Nothing like a class reunion to motivate me to kick my workouts up a notch. And true to my 30 Day Shred journey in 2013, I took a starting picture to hold me accountable. Ithinkicanithinkicanithinkican.
Next goal: make it to both spin classes tomorrow morning.

Next adventure: Meg is going to San Diego at the end of the month for work and asked Robyn and me if we wanted to tag along if she tacked on a few extra days.  In true Katniss Everdeen form: I VOLUNTEER! Robyn will already be in CA during this time, piggybacking on another friend's work trip.  I booked my ticket on Thursday, so the countdown begins.  Mom is excited to have RJ visit again. Everybody wins.

0 comments :

Post a Comment