Pages

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Back from ATL

Hey folks! Don't worry. I didn't evaporate into the blogosphere. I was in Atlanta for work this week and was away from my craft space. But I'm back now. Hope you didn't miss me too much!

Random "some people can be really dumb" story: I was waiting for the subway on Tuesday to get to the airport, and I saw someone jump onto the tracks! Are you freakin' NUTS?! Then I saw him jump back out. The loony toon walked by me and I notice that he was holding his phone and wiping it off. I am assuming that he accidentally dropped his phone onto the subway tracks and jumped to retrieve his phone. #1- um, ew, gross. The phone's probably all gummy and slimy from being down there. #2- the phone's probably not running 100%, if at all because of the impact. Thankfully a train wasn't due for another 2 minutes! The Metro security came down to make sure that everyone was okay, but by the time they got there, the guy was already walking away.

Anyhoo.

It felt really good to get back into the creativity groove and make a card tonight. I wanted to use some more of the chipboard embellishments to make a gender neutral card tonight. The card was originally the embossed blue cardstock piece and the chipboard plant, but I didn't think that was enough so I tacked on the brown scalloped border piece and the ribbon. I guess giving guys cards with ribbon is debatable, but it's the thought that counts, right?

Card Specs:
Embossing powder: Stampendous! in clear
Embossing ink: VersaMark
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Chestnut Roan
Stamps: Inkadinkado (leaves), The Paper Company Studio- Whimsy Greetings (sentiment)
Punches: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, Fiskars scalloped sentiment border punch
Foam Adhesive: Making Memories
Ribbon: American Crafts
Other: Me & My Big Ideas- Chipboard Elements, Ellen Starfish Icons (plant)

2 comments :

Modred Vintage said...

I'm with you, I would have let the phone go.

ThreadBeaur said...

I think that it is great card for the guys!

Post a Comment