Pages

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Lazy Sunday

This morning started off on a productive note, but then after noon, it took a sharp nose dive. I ended up going to the gym to workout, but on the ArcTrainer instead of going spin class. Cute front desk guy was working today (yay). After I came home, I ate some breakfast and did some laundry (clean clothes, yay).

This afternoon's potluck needed to be rescheduled because one of the girls wasn't feeling 100% (Jenny, hope you are feeling better!). I guess it's pasta salad for lunch/dinner for a few days, and I'm totally okay with that. I had no idea what to do for the rest of the afternoon, so I took a really long nap. I hadn't intended on sleeping that long, but since I didn't have any other responsibilities to take care of, meh, no big deal.

In the spirit of getting my ba-dunk-a-dunk away from the computer, I told myself that I couldn't watch kwerner's new crafty giveaway video until I went for a run. It might not be the biggest motivator for most people, but it was for me. So I went for a 2-mile lap around the neighborhood. Mind you, I haven't been running since last summer (but only because I've replaced running with spin class). No joke. I thought it'd be tougher to finish without walking and I was nervous that my knees would start hurting, which was the reason for not running since last summer. I think the workouts in spin class have made my legs stronger, so I wasn't struggling too much at the end. The run was also an excuse to wear one of the cute workout tops I bought yesterday. I bought them for a reason, right?

For today's card, I was going to follow a sketch over at 365 cards, but decided to do my own thing. I really wanted to use some more of my Prima flowers, so I came up with the card on the left. For the card on the right, I wanted to use some rub-ons, something that I don't use on a regular basis. Check out those awesome knot tying skills. It only took me like 10 times to get it just right, ha ha. I wanted to put something in that green space, but decided against it because I think it'd be forcing it...resulting in possible clutter.

Card Specs (Hug):
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Blackberry
Punches: Fiskars scalloped sentiment border punch, We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper
Flowers: Prima
Stamps: Heidi Grace- Alphas, Reagan's Closet (letters, heart)
Button: Favorite Findings in Ocean
Paper: My Mind's Eye- Bloom & Grow (teal), Die Cuts With a View (yellow)
Thread: DMC- ecru

Card Specs (Make Me Smile):
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Chestnut Roan
Punches: Fiskars scalloped sentiment border punch, We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper
Stamps: Clear Art Stamps, Clearly Defined- Happy Spring (sentiment)
Rub-on: American Crafts, Mini Marks, Accents, Book Three (large flower), Book Two (small flowers)
Foam Adhesive: Making Memories

Health tidbit: one thing that I forgot to mention in yesterday's post was that I spent some time cleaning out my makeup cubby and threw away items that I hadn't used in a while. I was inspired by a clip that I saw on The Today Show about old makeup. Gah! Gross.

0 comments :

Post a Comment