Pages

Friday, May 21, 2010

Shopping-Filled Friday

Yeahhhh...so, my goal of not buying new supplies crumbled miserably today. It was because A.C.Moore revamped their papercrafting section by adding a wider selection of products from companies they haven't had before. I knew that they were planning to do some shifting, but the changes far exceeded my expectations! My sister went with me to get some art supplies for herself, but was delayed getting home because I was wandering up and down the scrapbooking aisles several times, admiring all the new pretty, sparkly, cute, gorgeous papers. I ended up getting some supplies that I am legitimately running low on (glue dots, foam adhesives, and jiggy eyes), but also bought a pack of American Crafts paper (it was 50% off because the packaging was opened. It didn't really make a difference to me because all the paper was still in there. If the corners or sides were damaged a little, meh, I'll just cut them off), a brown marker for faux stitching, and ribbon. I think I should set a time limit for when I'm in there. I think the wandering adds items to my cart!

Earlier today, I went to Marshalls to buy some more workout clothes. The moisture wicking fabric is much more comfortable to work out in compared to cotton t-shirts. I wish I had converted a long time ago!

After tonight, there's only one more sister challenge left. She's heading back to school on Sunday, so tomorrow's is the last one until she comes back for July 4th. She picked a sentiment that's very time-appropriate since it's graduation season. I was determined to use something that I purchased today, so I used the marker for faux stitching and the foam squares from EK Success. So far, the backing of the foam square are much easier to remove compared to the Making Memories ones that I've been using. Perhaps I could have done without the red flower on the side, but the large white space would make me antsy. I was going to cut out a red flower and use a foam square to put it on top of the brown leaves, but I thought there would be too much white in that area so I used a Prima flower instead.

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Warm Red, Chestnut Roan
Stamps: SEI- Moravia (flower, leaves), Fiskars- Sentiments (sentiment)
Paper: My Mind's Eye- Bloom & Grow
Foam Adhesive: EK Success
Punches: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, Fiskars Apron Lace border punch
Brad: Making Memories Brad Value Pack- Chelsea's Place collection
Flower: Prima
Other: Brown Ultra Fine Point Sharpie

I'll work on clean&simple stamping's challenge on Sunday...

0 comments :

Post a Comment