Pages

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Blasted Copier Gods!

The copier gods were not on my side today. ::shakes fist at sky:: I had good intentions of getting ahead with putting some materials for our Annual Meeting together today, but both color and b/w copiers at the office were giving me less than stellar results. Fortunately, the copier fix-it lady came this afternoon and worked her magic. Binder assembly resumes tomorrow!

No spin class tonight, but I did do some cardio and strength training with my Biggest Loser workout DVD. Hooray for endorphins...

Which put me in a happy mood for today's cardmaking session. My sister was watching Man Vs. Food when I got started, so I picked out my own stamps for the first card (a mushy gushy "I love you" one). I accidentally got red ink on the side. Solution: cover it up! I was too far along with the card to just recycle and throw it away. The little heart saved me! And hello? Check out those knot tying skills! I think the card turned out better than I thought I thought it would. The card on the right is when the TV downstairs was no longer entertaining, and my sister came upstairs to partake in the crafty session. She picked out not one, but several words to use as well as the border stamp and paper. Oook. Not really a traditional sentiment, but it could be given to a friend as a "just because" card. I like how the pink flower breaks up all the green that I used.

Card Specs (i love you):
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Warm Red, Charcoal
Stamps: Fiskars- Romance (sentiment, flourish, and frame), Fiskars- Thank You (heart)
Punches: Fiskars scalloped sentiment border punch, We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper
Paper: My Mind's Eye- Bloom & Grow

Card Specs (happiness joy friendship):
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Warm Green, Prussian Blue, Blue Iris
Stamps: Fiskars- Just Between Friends (sentiments, flower, and paisley)
Punches: Fiskars threading waters border punch, We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper
Paper: Me & My Big Ideas- Sugarplum
Foam Adhesive: Making Memories
Brad: Making Memories Brad Value Pack- Chelsea's Place collection
Flower: Prima

0 comments :

Post a Comment