Pages

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Hooray for Handwritten Notes!

I really appreciated this CNN article about the awesomeness of handwritten notes. I love getting texts. Emails are great. But handwritten notes are in a fabulous category all to themselves. I guess that's why I enjoy making cards. I suppose you could type a note up and stuff it in with your card, but for the most part, card messages are handwritten. I also like the idea of selling or giving my cards away as a means of encouraging others to write a thoughtful note and make someone else's day.

With that said, here's today's card. It's a little on the small side and square, which is not normal for me, but I didn't want to waste a perfectly good piece of cardstock. I wasn't sure what card I wanted to make today, so I started with looking through my scrap pile. I started with the red cardstock and used a border punch on it. The teal piece came next. And then it was embellishment time. I couldn't find a rub-on that would go with the red/teal combo, so I settled with some yellow Prima flowers. Ta da!

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Chestnut Roan
Stamp: Fiskars- Birthday (sentiment)
Punch: Fiskars Threading Waters border punch
Foam Adhesive: Making Memories
Brad: Making Memories Brad Value Pack- Chelsea's Place collection
Flower: Prima
Paper: My Mind's Eye- Bloom & Grow

0 comments :

Post a Comment