Pages

Saturday, May 22, 2010

BBQ #2

I did something pretty nutty today. I went to spin class in the morning and then...I went for a 2 mile run around the neighborhood 2 hours later! I know. Nutty. My thighs are like "What were you thinking?" Oh well. It felt good to push my body a little bit. It was beautiful weather outside anyway. Don't want that to go to waste. The spin instructor this morning was funny. At the end of a hill, she asks the group, "So, how are we doing?" (silence) "Ok, I'll ask again later. (pause) I'm really happy to be here!" I think everyone was just concentrating on trying to keep up, including myself. It was a good class, and it went by really quickly.

I'm glad that I worked out as much as I did today because we grilled for dinner again. Chicken, steaks, pasta salad, and regular salad. For dessert, we had a Baskin Robbins ice cream cake (mint chocolate chip ice cream with chocolate cake)!! So, so yummy! My friend Meg came over for dinner and brought rice krispies treats with chocolate chips. Also very yummy. Today was a good food day!

On to today's cards...today will be the last sister challenge until July 4th. For the card on the left, she picked out the sentiment, the flower, the coral paper, and the dot wave. When I saw the selection, I was stumped as to what to do with the dot wave. I picked out a butterfly stamp and was going to use the dot wave as the butterfly's flight path, but the wave was too long. So then I added the wave to the bottom with brown chalk ink. And then I got the idea that it could be the "grass/ground." Ta da! The ribbon is from a spool that I got from A.C. Moore last night. I really liked how to blue matches the blue in the butterfly. The knot only took one try; I think I'm really getting the hang of it!

For the card on the right, she picked out the square stamps at the top, the sentiment and the paper. I don't think the card was executed as well as the one on the left because I thought it needed some sort of embellishment, but I couldn't think what kind and I didn't want to force it.
Card Specs (enjoy the moment):
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Rose Coral, Olive Pastel, Prussian Blue, Chestnut Roan
Stamps: Heidi Grace Designs- Paradise (flower), Autumn Leaves- Build-a-Flower (dot wave), The Paper Company Studio- Playful Expressions (sentiment), Studio G (butterfly)
Paper: Martha Stewart
Punch: We R Memory Keepers Corner
Other: Brown Ultra Fine Point Sharpie
Foam Adhesive: Making Memories

Card Specs (hi):
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Charcoal, Orchid Pastel
Stamps: Fiskars- Cameo Ovations (scalloped oval), Fiskars- Square Sentiments (tiles), Inkadinkado (letters)
Paper: American Crafts-Metropolitan
Punch: We R Memory Keepers Corner, Fiskars Threading Waters border punch

Song of the day: "Goodbye to You"- The Veronicas. Heard it at spin class.

2 comments :

Modred Vintage said...

I can relate to not answering the spin class instructor. Who wants to talk while you're working out?

Rebecca @ Belle Blog said...

Don't think I'd like the spin class...but the grilling and the ice cream cake sounds so good.
Rebecca♥
New England Candy Co.

Post a Comment