Pages

Monday, May 3, 2010

Scrappy Monday

Yeah, so the non-soreness from yesterday's run was definitely short lived as I found out this morning when I woke up. The stiffness made tonight's 1-hour spin class more difficult than usual, but I managed. Yay. I was amused that this other girl and I bonded over not getting "our" bikes tonight. She asked me what my name was as we were leaving and said that she'd save me my bike if she got there before me next week. Oh, cool. That was a nice unexpected offer. I shall do the same.

CGFDG was working tonight. I walked gingerly down the stairs after class to walk on the treadmill for a little bit before going home. We made eye contact, and I felt like I should say something. "Man, my legs are so sore," I blurted out. And then I immediately thought "Ok, doofus. Who cares? Can you please not say the first thing that comes to mind?" and mentally rolled my eyes at myself. He looked sympathetic and told me to feel better when I was leaving the gym. :P

For my random act of kindness in a while, I brought some cards to the office that I wasn't planning to use and came home with an empty box. :)

I wanted to use some scraps for my card tonight, specifically ribbon and white card stock scraps, as well as a cupcake stamp I hadn't used yet. I cut a little bit off the bottom portion of the front of the card and replaced it with some purple cardstock I used a border punch on. This added some interest to the bottom of the card because it wasn't the usual straight white edge. The card originally had black satin ribbon tied in a knot, but then I couldn't cut it right and it was too dark against the purple. Luckily, I had some scrap purple ribbon to replace it. There wasn't enough to tie it in a knot so I wrapped it around and adhered a button. I resisted the urge to fill the white space on the top, and this was the finished product.

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Blackberry
Punches: Fiskars apron lace border punch, We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper
Stamps: Fiskars- Thank You (sentiment), Studio G (cupcake)
Paper: My Mind's Eye- Bloom & Grow
Buttons: Favorite Findings in Pink

Song of the day: "Not Myself Tonight"- Christina Aguilera. Well, the music video is rather racy, but I think the song's catchy.

2 comments :

Luna Moon said...

Cute card & I know how that is i Blurt out random things all the time & then regret it.Hope you manage to get your bike next time you go.


Please follow & Comment my blog back?
http://burningmoonproducts.blogspot.com/

Marquise Style said...

So cute!I love it!:)

Post a Comment