Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2011

CPS #245

Spin class: Upon my request, Janice put in some Lady Gaga and Black Eyed Peas in the music mix. When "Bad Romance" came up, she shouted into her microphone, "This song came by request. The person that requested it better give me all she's got. Come on, Tina!" Puff, puff, puff, ok ok ok. I should have sat closer to the fan today. It was a sweaty workout. When I was grabbing another towel after the workout was over, I saw a former spin buddy with her daughter who's about a year old. The last time I saw her she was in a carrier, but today she was standing up, holding onto her mom's leg for support. So adorable!

Shopping: After spin class this morning, I officially started my Christmas shopping. Of course, I couldn't resist getting some stuff for myself. Heh. Armed with my coupons, I made my craft store rounds as well as made a trip to Petsmart, Ulta, and the grocery store. There was new shipment of kitties for adoption at Petsmart. I mean, so fresh that there were 3 carriers of them, still in the shopping cart, and the delivery guy was doing the paperwork. I wanted to tell him, that I could take one and then he doesn't have to do the paperwork on the kitty. Because, really, who actually wants to do paperwork?

Nails: At Ulta, I found this mint green color of nail polish on clearance. Of course, I had to try it on right away. Base coat: Ulta in Mint Condition. Black: OPI Black Onyx. Konad plate #57.

Baking:
I tried out a new recipe today- caramel stuffed apple cider cookies. They were pretty good, but getting them off the foil lining the cookie sheets was a little difficult because the caramel gets goopy in the oven and sorta sticks to the foil. It requires some patience to wait for the cookies to cool down a little before transferring them to a plate or wire rack. While I like these, these Rolo cookies are still my favorite caramel stuffed cookie. Although the Rolos don't really last long enough to make it into a cookie.

Card: Here's my take on CPS #245. Today's card has a mix of oldies and newbies. The oldies are the Prima flowers and the rhinestone brad that I put in the center. The newbies being the Nestabilities Foliage die set that I got to cut out the leaves and the sentiment stamp. I got both of those today. The patterned paper that I used at the bottom was from this recent yard sale. I'm glad that I found some use for it because orange isn't my usual go-to color.
Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Blackbird, Olive Pastel
Stamps: Studio G (sentiment)
Paper: Chatterbox Tangerine Eyelet
Flowers: Prima
Brad: Recollections- Rhinestone Brads
Clay: Sculpy Clay in Just Orange
Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities Foliage
White Gel Pen: Uni-Ball Signo Broad White Gel Pen

2 comments :

Jen W. said...

Love the nails. :)
And I really love the warm colours on the card. Nice inking on the leaves.

Paula-Scrap Addict said...

really cute card, love the flower & leaves
Paula

my take on the same sketch:
http://scrapaddictsattic.blogspot.com/2011/11/absolutely-fabulous.html

Post a Comment