Pages

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

One-Layer Wednesday #71

Metro story: I forgot to mention that yesterday, when I was on the Metro, this one lady sitting across from me opened a bottle of nail polish and was touching up her nails. I was just waiting for the train to jolt, causing the bottle to tip over. Thankfully, nothing happened, but it could have easily gone the other way.

Too much candy: I got to the office today and there was 2 huge things of candy in the kitchen. ARGH! Oh, the temptation! To add to the insanity, we got free pizza during a working meeting that I was in. Yep, I paid dearly for my consumption of sugary delights at the gym this afternoon, while I watched Keeping Up With the Kardashians. While I find the 72-day marriage of Kim Kardashian incredibly sad and puzzling, her television show is very entertaining.

Random act of kindness:
This story isn't about a RAK that I did, but one that I was on the receiving end of. When I got home from work today, I noticed that my recycling bin and trashcan were not where I put them out this morning for trash pick-up. What the heck?! I walked up to my house and I noticed that someone not only put them near my place, but put a bungee cord where the trashcan handle should be. I inherited a trashcan without a handle to grab onto, so maneuvering it around has been difficult but doable. I wish I knew who did that nice thing for me so that I could thank them.

RJ:
RJ was a very naughty kitty tonight. He must have been spooked by something when I picked him up and he squirmed big time to get away and in the process, scratched me in two places on my arm. UGH. Picture is below. Do not scroll down too far in the post if you are squeamish about blood. I made a mad dash for the medicine cabinet for some anti-bacterial ointment, which would explain why the scratch is a little shiny in the picture. Oh well. That's not the first kitty war wound I've gotten, and it definitely won't be the last.

Card: Here's my take on One-Layer Wednesday Challenge #71: Tags. I wanted to make mine holiday related so that I can include it with one of my gifts to someone this holiday season. I was going to use a Sizzix die to die cut my tag shape, but then I remembered that I had some Nestabilities label dies that would work just as well for tags. I cut out the largest shape and the second largest shape so that I could do some masking. I used removable adhesive to stick the smaller label on the larger label, and then I used a red ink pad to add ink to the edges of the larger die. Then I took the negative of the second largest die cut, used removable adhesive, and stamped the die cut with the music score image so that it was on the inside, but not on the edges. Then I heat embossed a bird on the inside and added some pearls as a finishing touch. I normally despise glitter because it gets on everything, but I figured I could make an exception every so often.

**Ok, last chance to turn back before looking at the kitty war wound.**





Tag Specs:
Embossing powder: Stamp-n Stuff Embossing Tinsel in Green
Embossing ink: VersaMark
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Chestnut Roan, Warm Red
Stamp: SEI- Winter Song (bird), Stampendous (music score)
Die: Spellbinders Nestabilities Labels 4
Pearl: Queen & Co.- Pearl

That darn cat. Sigh.

8 comments :

Jen W. said...

Fabulous label! Glad you broke out the glitter - it looks awesome on that bird.
And, yikes, RJ got you good!

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Ouchie..............Like the label!!!! Nail polish: putting on some Sally Hanson diamond strength "diamonds" today!!! My new polish for the week.

Mynn xx said...

Wow. Those are some battle wounds! What does the other guy look like?! ;D Hope they heal soon!!!

LOVE your tag--the colors are gorgeous and I am loving that glitter!!! TFS!

Deborah Frings said...

Ouch!!! Hope the scratch has improved some by now.

Your Christmas tag is just fabulous - love the sparkle on the bird and sweet music backing!

Pauline said...

What a lovely tag. Really like thaese stamps

Princess Judy Palmer said...

What a great tag! The lucky recipient could hang that as an ornament.

Susan said...

I love the look of the glittery bird...excellent tag!

Borqna said...

OMG!
+ Lovely tag!

Post a Comment