Pages

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Unrelated Ramblings

Goals: I was able to cross off another item on my list of things I wanted to accomplish in 2011- "Reach 625 Etsy sales by January 1, 2012." This morning, a woman from Israel bought 6 of my origami cards, which brought my total number of Etsy sales to 626. (check, woot!) I'm already thinking about what to put on my list of things to accomplish on 2012. A part of me is a little apprehensive because, as I'm looking at my 2011 list, I'm going to be able to cross off most of the things on my list. I know that I'll have to step it up a notch in 2012 to really challenge myself.

Interesting links
: 10 Things 90s Kids Will Have To Explain To Their Children. I think the one that I can identify with the most is #7. ::shudders at the thought::

Important message about equality, human rights, and family that another one of my friends posted on Facebook. I thought the student in the video was very articulate, and I hope his message had an impact on his audience.

Good customer service report: About a month ago, I bought an Aerobed. With this purchase would come a $10 gift card to Bed, Bath and Beyond. I got an email saying that the card had been mailed, but it's been a month and I haven't received it. I contacted customer service yesterday to tell them my problem. After some research, they found that the address they had on file for me was incorrect. I got an email today, notifying me that the new gift card has been reissued. ::applause::

At the office: At a meeting today, we were talking about stuff we had to do. I mentioned "well, cookies around here definitely speed things up." A director replied, "No, Tina. YOUR cookies speed things up around here." I think a part of teamwork is to find what motivates people. If the "carrot" is cookies, I make sure that I'm on those people's good sides.

Family: My cousin recently upgraded his iPhone, and he was nice enough to let me have the old one to use as an iTouch. I have never had an Apple product before (I know that's kinda shocking in this day and age), so this was a new adventure to me. I love it! I'm able to do so many things from this little handheld thing and not have to turn on my computer- email (both personal and work), monitor my Etsy shop, Twitter, facebook, IM, etc. I have finally caught up with the world! Here are two pictures that I took with it. Julie and I were talking about hummus, which is why tahini was brought up.

1 comments :

Jen W. said...

So were you Backstreet or Nsync?

Post a Comment