Pages

Sunday, October 2, 2011

CPS #238

I HAD to get out of the house today. I was feeling cooped up since I haven't really been anywhere except for grocery shopping the last few days. I made a point to take care of a bunch of things all in one trip.
  • Got gasoline for the car at 3.37/gal. Is it sad to think that I think this is cheap?
  • Returned a book at the library.
  • Went to parents' house to return a laundry basket and say hi to Ginger. Conveniently, they had just gotten back from Costco, so I left with some cinnamon raisin bagels.
  • Dropped off some items at the local Goodwill.
  • Went to Michaels to get some cardstock that was on sale. I saw there was a 5/$1 sign on patterned paper, so I picked out 10 sheets. Did you know that Recollections makes mini punches? I didn't until I went over to the $1 section. I picked out 3. When I was checking out, the patterned paper was coming out to $0.59 each! Ack, what?! I asked the lady about it and she went over to the paper aisle to double check. Yep, there was a sign there that wasn't supposed to be there. She gave me the discount anyway. I was really shocked because this lady always has a sourpuss facial expression when I see her. I didn't expect her to be so generous.
  • Went to Bed Bath and Beyond. I've been meaning to get an air mattress for the new place for visitors to use and I got a great deal on an AeroBed. Originally $59.99. Clearance price $49.99. Using a 20% coupon brought it down to $39.99. Then I had some money left over on a gift card so the final price was $26.92. Bed Bath and Beyond was also doing a promotion where if you bought an AeroBed product, you'd get a $10.00 gift certificate! Woot! :) I blew it up in the living room and took a test nap on it this afternoon. RJ came over in the middle of the nap to cuddle. Awww.
Here's my take on CPS #238. I thought it was really convenient that this was a square card because I had messed up on a card earlier this evening, and I could cut the part that I messed up and use the remainder for this card's base. I also had some scrap navy cardstock and orange scrapbook paper. Perfect! Then it was time to select a stamp. I was looking for my robot stamp set. I went digging into my clear stamp box and ended up pouring out the whole box just so that I could find it. You'd think it'd be easier for me just to pick out another stamp set, but I was determined to find it! I did, and now my clear stamp container looks neater. I did some paper piecing and coloring with markers. I love how the robot looks so cheerful...cheese!
Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Blackbird, Prussian Blue.
Stamps: Studio G (alphabet), Recollections- Robots (everything else)
Paper: Recollections- Orange Small Dots
Other: American Crafts Stamp Marker in Navy and Red

0 comments :

Post a Comment