Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

Fall CARDS Magazine Challenge

Making new friends...or not: I brought RJ over to my parents' house last night. Mom and Dad were going to visit my sister for the night, so they asked me to take care of Ginger. I brought RJ over with me as an experiment to see how Ginger would react. I was a little surprised when she hissed at him and ran away. Sigh. Not quite the warm reception I was hoping for. I kept him in the guest room with water and a litter box, so he was settled. Eventually, Ginger stopped avoiding me, and even slept at the foot of my old bed last night. Oh well. I can't blame her. I wouldn't be keen on having strangers come stay at my house either. Perhaps this will be a gradual process. I'd like to get to a point where I can just let him run around my parents' house and Ginger would just ignore the youngster.

Online shopping:
I had a very nice surprise at my doorstep this afternoon when I got home from work. It was my order from CreateforLess.com. They were having a clearance sale on Colorbox chalk ink, so of course, I couldn't pass it up. My French Blue, Olive Pastel and Deep Green inks in the Queue had gone dry so I figured this would be a good time to get a larger ink pad for each one of them. I threw in the Ocean one because I thought it'd be pretty color. I'm really impressed with the shipping too (ordered TH, received MON). It's definitely an online store that I'd purchase from again. Price information: $3.69 for each of the full size ink pads, $2.39 for the mini one. Shipping= $4.95. Total= 18.41. Card: I decided to try out this week's CARDS Magazine challenge of a fall-themed cards. Since I only have one fall themed stamp set, it was easy to figure out which stamp set I was going to use today. I decided on using a pumpkin stamp and doing some paper piecing and heat embossing. I stamped the image on the white cardstock first with Deep Green chalk ink and then stamped it again on watercolor paper with Versamark. I heat embossed the second image with black embossing powder and then colored in the pumpkins with an Aqua Painter. I assembled the card with the other cardstock pieces, but it still looked really flat. I dug through the bucket of buttons I bought in yard sale I went to on Saturday and found 3 orange buttons! Perfect, hooray!! :)

Card Specs:
Embossing powder: Personal Stamp Exchange- Black
Embossing ink: VersaMark
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Chestnut Roan, Deep Green. Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Vintage Photo, Wild Honey.
Stamps: Inkadinkado- Autumn Foliage (all)
Punch: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, Fiskars Threading Waters border punch
Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug (Swiss Dots)
Other: Brown Sharpie Ultra Fine Point marker

2 comments :

Jen W. said...

Awesome colour palette and I LOVE the buttons you added to the card!

Paige Taylor Evans said...

Lovely lovely card! Perfectly fits with the fall challenge!

Post a Comment