Pages

Friday, October 7, 2011

Fall-To Layout #161

This is the second post of the day, folks.

While I was in Salt Lake City, my parents were nice enough to stop by the house a few times to check on the house, feed RJ the cat, and pick up my mail from the mailbox. When I was going through my mail today, I saw that I got an anniversary card from the office. My 3rd year anniversary is in October, and the Executive Director sends out cards to the staff on their anniversary. Amusing thing: I was asked to make a set of birthday and anniversary cards for the office, but this card was not one that I made. Fist-pump worthy thing: he wrote a note at the bottom, "Thanks for all you do and for your leadership on so many association initiatives." Yay, it's nice to get that acknowledgment from the Big Boss. :)

Have you seen this video on YouTube about the kid who was surprised by her parents with a trip to Disneyland? I spontaneously burst into tears when I saw this video, and I don't even know why. I was so happy for her I guess. Credit: Paige Evans.


Here's my take on Fall-To Layout #161. Honestly, I was expecting this card to be more springy because I reached for the American Crafts Botanique items first, but then things turned fall-y when I was picking out an image stamp. Check out those bow tying skillz. :)
Card Specs:
Embossing powder: Stampendous! in white
Embossing ink: VersaMark
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Blush Rose. Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Vintage Photo.
Stamps: Hero Arts- Cling Dots (background), American Crafts- Herbs (sentiment), Inkadinkado- Autumn Foliage (leaf)
Paper: American Crafts Botanique
Punch: EK Success Circle punch (1 3/8 inch)
Other: Brown Sharpie Ultra Fine Point marker

Hooray, 3 day weekend ahead!!

0 comments :

Post a Comment