Pages

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Saturday Yard Sale Finds and Apple Dumplings

Yard sale finds: I could not believe my good luck on today's yard sale excursion. I've been meaning to get a file cabinet for my office so that I could organize my paper files. They been cramped in an accordion folder. Meh, I suppose that's functional, but I was thinking that if I got a file cabinet, then I could use it to store some of my crafty things like they do at the Two Peas warehouse. At one yard sale, the guy had one for $10 but it was way to big for my Civic and too heavy for me to carry anyway. I was a little bummed, but then I found another one at a yard sale for $10. It was a little smaller and had 2 drawers less than the first one that I saw, but I figured it's better than nothing. The lady cut me a deal by giving 3 DVDs I wanted for free. At another yard sale, I found some hanging folders and a bucket of buttons and I paid $3 for everything. Honestly, it's laughable how much of a good deal you can get on used items. There's no freakin' way I'd want to pay for any of these things full price anyway. I feel like if you're also friendly (SMILE!) and willing to work with the seller, they'll be more likely to cut you a deal. I am so pleased with the way my office closet is looking. :D
Foody adventure: My parents went apple picking yesterday with my uncle. And now about 20 apples (maybe more?) are sitting in my refrigerator. While I can eat them plain, I think apples would be more interesting in dessert form, don't you? I decided on Country Apple Dumplings because I had the supplies on hand already. I ate two to make sure that they tasted yummy and yep, they do. I'll have to share with my family so I don't end up eating the rest!

0 comments :

Post a Comment