Pages

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Crazy Happenings in the Neighborhood

I was watching the Real Housewives of Atlanta reunion tonight and I could hear something going outside.  I didn't think much of it until the voices got louder.  The lady next door (we'll call her E) yelled out "Get out of my house!  I don't care!  Get out of my house!"  I could hear a man's voice walking away and cursing and saying something about how he's helped this family before.  I could hear someone else say "I don't want to get involved."  Once it was quiet, I peeked my head outside and saw the newbie neighbor, Tracy (she lives two houses down) with her phone out.  I asked what was going on and she walked over.  Based on what she said and what I heard earlier, I was able to piece together what happened: when I came back from CVS earlier this evening, I saw E and asked her what had happened to the elderly neighbor (we'll call her J) because I hadn't seen her or her dog in a while.  E explained that the elderly neighbor around the corner has gone to live with a family member because she's been falling a lot lately and hasn't been in good health.  Some of her family came to move some of her furniture earlier, but some of it was left outside, and E planned to move it into her house.  Flash forward a few hours later, when the screaming started happening outside.  I guess another neighbor wanted this furniture.  I guess there was some confusion of who should get the furniture.  Tracy said that if the yelling continued, she was going to call the police.  I was tempted to do it too, but before I could peek outside, it had gone quiet.  While we were talking, the guy that had been screaming walked by and apologized for the yelling and dropped a pile of wood at the neighbor's house.  Maybe it used to be a drawer?  I was so confused.

Really, guys, really?  This is yard sale season, so I'm sure that you could find a dresser for a reasonable price without the drama.  And for a man to yell at a woman like that (well, to yell at anyone like that, but especially a woman) was totally out of line.

In other news, a nearby townhouse was on the market for only a day.  I saw the sign go up on TH saying that there was going to be an Open House today, but when Robyn came over, she said that there was an Under Contract sign up already.  Aw, man.  I was so ready to see it, but good for them though!  It'll be interesting to see who moves in.  Hopefully, they are nice and not crazy/loud.

0 comments :

Post a Comment