Pages

Friday, April 5, 2013

Homemade Dumplings

Matchy-matchy: I went to the office for a meeting today.  It lasted probably 10 minutes.  We're efficient that way.  I had to laugh that my shirt matched my nail polish.
Recipe #5 of 2013: My friend from undergrad Suzie is coming next week.  I was trying to think of activities we could do while she's here.  One of the ideas that I came up with was making homemade dumplings.  The thing is that I've always made them at my parents' house.  Instead of inconveniencing Mom, I decided that it's time to learn how to make them on my own.  Hello, Google.  I followed this recipe for the filling (who the heck has the time and patience to make their own dumpling wrappers??) and went to the Asian supermarket to get the supplies.  While watching X-Men: First Class (I borrowed it from the library...and it's due tomorrow), I cranked out about 50 dumplings.  I ate 8 for a taste testing, and they were pretty good!

1 comments :

June K said...

Love your nails and shirt. Very cool to have them match. TFS the potsticker recipe. They look so yummy. I've saved the recipe to try out later. Have a good weekend.

Post a Comment