Pages

Thursday, October 24, 2013

Suzie's Here!

I'm so ready for Young Alumni Weekend at Washington and Lee University.  It's been over 5 years since I've been to campus, so I'm looking forward to seeing the changes at school and hang out with my friends and eat local/school food.

Step One: Pick up Suzie at the Metro.

There wasn't much in my fridge for dinner, so after the work day was done, I wanted to go to Target to get some Halloween candy for the trick-or-treaters, thank you candy for Julie for taking care of RJ this upcoming weekend, Dunkin Donuts to use a coupon, and Panera for dinner.

I had a $1.50 off coupon for 3 bags of fun sized candy so I picked out a bag each of Snickers, Milky Way and Twix.  In the next aisle, I saw that boxed candy was $1, so I got a box each of Starburst and Sour Patch Kids for Julie.  Suzie was like "I really want a 3 Musketeers.  If they had one, I would totally get it."  There was a funny moment at the check out line, I saw a display with candy on clearance and there were 3 Musketeers bars for $0.38!  Suzie immediately grabbed one and started eating it right after we stepped out of the store.  It lasted the length of the mall where the eatery was.  While she was basking in chocolatey goodness, my heart sank when I realized that the Dunkin Donuts in the mall was no longer there!  WAH! I had been waiting and waiting and waiting to use my coupon.  Oh well.  I don't need 6 donuts anyway.  Hmph.

At least I got my salad from Panera.

Then it was a lot of eating at the house and Food Network for the rest of the night.

0 comments :

Post a Comment