Pages

Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Happy Hour and Makeup Update

I went to dinner with my boss, coworker, and some members.  During the conversation, my committee chair asked me how my summer was.  Meh, nothing really exciting.  I bought a car and my sister came home from school.  Doing anything big would have been financially irresponsible because of said car...and I had already done a cruise in the Spring.

Then the conversation went to how most of my coworkers and I are teleworking and how sometimes that arrangement makes us work extra hours.  "Yeah, sometimes, I get reply emails from Tina after hours."  I replied with, "Well, usually, I'm in the checkout line at the grocery store waiting for my turn.  I might as well reply.  There's not really much else I can do while waiting."  Everyone laughed.  Somehow things turned into "Tina, we need to work on your love life" or something to that effect.  Wait, what?  How did we get on that topic?  Sigh.  Oh, here we go again.  If they weren't being so motherly, I would have taken offense or been embarrassed (hello, I'm sitting with my boss, my committee chair, the association's president and other association members...like VIPs from work), but I've just come to accept that my love life (or lack there of) will come up somehow in conversation.  I just roll my eyes and laugh along and try to change the topic really quickly!

We went to the Happy Hour at the bar near the office.  I got an appletini, chicken tenders, and fries.  After pretty much being a vegetarian for the past few days, the chicken was welcomed.

Before I met up with the people from work, I exchanged the NYX lip liner that I bought in Mahogany.  The brown shade was way too dark for me and not very flattering.  I got Hot Red instead.  I tried it on when I got home from dinner and paired it with the Jordana Twist and Shine Moisturizing Balm Stain in Rock 'n Rouge.  Talk about bam, in your face! 

0 comments :

Post a Comment