Pages

Monday, September 30, 2013

A Lucky Day Off

Massage: Was amazing and totally worth the Groupon.  The lady rubbing my neck and shoulders was the best part because that's where I hold the most stress and tension.  I haven't decided what my next reward should be after this next round of the 30 Day Shred is over (today is Day 9).  I'm thinking some new boots.  Tall brown boots with a flat heel...great for ever day wear.  The massage was great, but it's a one time thing.  At least with the shoes, you can wear them over and over and over...

Car Luck: I went to the Sport Honda near the office to check on the screw in my tire.  The guy at the desk confirmed that I'd need a new tire.  Ok, fine.  That's what I expected since that's what the tire guy said yesterday.  $127 for the tire...plus service charge: $140 total.  Fine, I'll pay whatever price I need to (well, within reason) to get this issue resolved.  They did the paperwork and the car guys started looking over it.  The guy in the garage came in and asked me 30 minutes later, "Wait, why did you want your tired replaced?"  Because there's a screw in it.  He shows me that what popped out of the tire was just a screw head.  There wasn't really a nail part.  It turns out that nothing went into the tire.  He threw liquid on it again just to make sure.  Whew.  Well, that was a relief.  It's not like I would have been able to investigate that myself.  What if it had been a real nail?  I'd really be stuck with a flat tire then!

New Makeup: I was already near my office so I decided to check on the mail even though I was taking the day off.  I also caught up with my friend Jennifer since she was in the office too.  She was on her way to the elevator, as I was talking to the receptionist.  We hung out in the elevator lobby and chatted for about 30 minutes.  She's been doing the Insanity workouts and I told her about the 30 Day Shred and my massage reward.  Her eyes got big, like a light blub just went off.  "I'm totally going to steal that idea!  That'll be my motivation...and also because I'll be trying on bridesmaid dresses in November."  After I said bye to her, I went over to Ulta, armed with a coupon.  I noticed in the Sunday insert that they were having a 40% off sale on Revlon, Neutrogena, NYX, etc.  I had my eye on some NYX lip liners and lipsticks.  The makeup blogosphere said good things about them so I figured it'd be worth a try.  I picked out 3 lip liners and 2 lip sticks.  I love 635- Doll, but I love 569- Snow White even more.  I will have the muster the courage at some point to wear that full on in public.  It's quite bold.

0 comments :

Post a Comment