Pages

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Participating in Coworker's Yard Sale

Yard sale: Whew, early morning today!  I told my coworker that I'd be at her place at 7:30 AM to start setting up for the yard sale.  Fortunately, she only lives 5 minutes away, basically one neighborhood over.  When I got there, she had her tarps out and was putting stuff on them already.  We had a few customers but it wasn't like a rush of people like she said she got last weekend (I couldn't attend because of a funeral).  Many of her neighbors stopped by, many of them moms.  All in all, I made $28.50 from the yard sale.  The following items found new homes: 5 bottles of nail polish (I even told the lady that I used them maybe once or twice.  She took them anyway, but I couldn't tell if it was because she didn't understand what I said or didn't care), 4 tops, 1 skirt, 1 jacket, 1 box old stamps and ink pads, and a cupcake decorating set with wrappers and toothpicks.  Not too bad for a morning's worth of "work."  It was such a beautiful day outside (a little chilly in the morning), and it was nice to hang out with my friend outside of work.  My current teleworking arrangement doesn't really allow for that these days as much.

Movie: One of Susie's neighbors came by at the last minute to drop off some movies that he wanted to get rid of.  It didn't matter if he got money from them.  He also had some PlayStation 2 games.  I would have taken them, but since I don't have a console to test them on, I left them behind. I was curious about the Stitch movie so I took that home with me.  Julie and I watched it earlier tonight, and it was pretty awful.  I was so disappointed because I loved Lilo and Stitch (it's one of my favorite movies of all time...not just Disney), but this sequel stunk.

0 comments :

Post a Comment