Pages

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Mushroom Recipe and New Makeup

Recipe #8 of 2013: I found a new recipe for mushrooms.  I bought a container of them on sale thinking that I'd be using them for my salads, but when I found this baked and breaded mushroom recipe on tumblr, I had to try it.  I used Italian breadcrumbs instead of panko ones, one egg, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper and 12 minutes later, I had some mushroom goodness.  They were quite tasty with some thousand island dressing and would make a great party appetizer (and healthy too since mushrooms are low calorie).
New Makeup: The new Jordana balm stains, eyeshadow pencils and eyeliners are getting quite the buzz on YouTube lately.  I wanted to see what all the fuss was about without spending too much money.  I was able to use my credit card points to get a Walgreens gift card, and after I went to spin class this morning (I told myself that I couldn't go to Walgreens unless I went to class), I bought some new makeup to try.
  • Jordana Twist and Shine Moisturizing Balm Stain in Honey Love and Rock 'n Rouge
  • Jordana 12 Hour Made to Last Liquid Eyeliner Pencil in Jade Jewel, Black Point, and Aqua Stone
  • Jordana 12 Hour Made to Last Eyeshadow Pencil in Eternal White and Endless Emerald
  • Jordana Easyliner for Lips in Tawny
I also went to Goodwill, but didn't find anything.  There were several Disney DVDs (Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, Snow White) there and my heart jumped for joy for a second  until I opened the cases and realized that the discs were gone.  Ugh!  What a tease!

New Nails: Time to break out the fall colors!  I painted my nails yesterday with a very dark purple polish.  This is two coats of Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Plum Luck. I really like this color over lighter shades of purple.

1 comments :

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Mushrooms sound de-lish. I like that nail polish...I have some on that looks like that color. So far my fave. Last years garage sale I sold all my old nail polish...25 cents a piece....all the bottles were bought up, I sure was surprised. Now I have a new stash. Did you know you could make a craft using nail polish?

Fill a pan or plate with water. Drop a few drops of nail polish on water, maybe using different colors. Then swirl the colors together. Lay some cardstock on top, pick up and let dry. You will have a swirl of colors. I can't remember if it was glossy cardstock or regular..(maybe try both) Then you can dress you card using the "nail polish" background. Makes for a pretty card and different too.

Post a Comment