Pages

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween!

Halloween: I did have a few customers tonight despite the drizzly weather.  I didn't see any costumes that I thought were particularly awesome, but what made me laugh was a dad telling his daughter "Yes, he's real."  I had left the front door open but storm door closed for RJ to look outside, so his kid was probably asking "Daddy, is it real?"

Work Related News: I got the following email from the big boss today. 
Dear Staff,

This is to let you know that I am going to close the office during the winter holidays as follows:

December 25 – Federal holiday
December 26-31 – Office Closure
January 1 – Federal Holiday
OMG, this is awesome!  I had to read it a few times, to make sure that it wasn't just a figment of my imagination.  I was planning to take some time off during the holidays, but now I can without actually having to use vacation hours! 

School Pride: I saw this article on my Facebook feed and felt a sense of pride for my alma mater, especially since I was there last weekend for Homecoming. Go Generals!  Kiplinger's Best Values in Private Colleges, 2014.

Card: Here's the card that I made for Robyn's birthday.

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Charcoal, Warm Red, Blackberry, Yellow Citrus.  Stampin' Up in Close to Cocoa, Crumb Cake
Stamp: Studio G (sentiment), Stampin' Up- Owl Occasions
Paper: American Crafts- Letterbox
Punch: Fiskars Upper Crest border punch
Other: Brown Sharpie Ultra Fine Point marker

0 comments :

Post a Comment