Pages

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Little Rock, Day 1

So...getting to Little Rock was a little bumpy, figuratively and literally.  There was a mentally handicapped person on the metro talking to himself and blasting Michael Jackson's "The Way You Make Me Feel" on a tape player very loudly.  It was getting uncomfortable when other riders started laughing at him.  OMG, I just want to get to the airport and be on my merry way.  Please, no one make any sudden movements or get the guy upset!

I got to the airport and printed out my boarding passes.  I noticed that on the second leg ticket, it said that my layover was going to be 3+ hours.  o_0  What?  That's not right.  I'm supposed to get in at 2 PM something, not closer to 5 PM.  I talked to the ticket agent and she was confused too.  I guess they cancelled the flight and put that flight number on the new flight.  Oh well.  Not much I could do.  I had lots of time in ATL to people watch and eat my salad from the Corner Bakery Cafe.  The flight from ATL to Little Rock had other coworkers on it and that worked nicely so we could get on the hotel shuttle together.  I sat next to someone that turned out to be a meeting attendee.  Time to be on my best behavior.  You never know who's around the corner when you attend these big meetings. 

For dinner, two coworkers and I walked downtown to find something to eat.  The place that I had been looking at, the Flying Fish, had a line out the door.  That's an encouraging sign to know that people liked it, but the three of us were very hungry and therefore looked at Bosco's across the street and decided to go with that.  I had the pulled pork sandwich with a cocktail called the Rivermarket Sunset: Absolut Mandrin Vodka, Stolichnaya Vanilla Vodka, and Malibu Coconut Rum with Cranberry, Orange and Pineapple Juices. Served on the Rocks with an Orange Slice and a Cherry.  Yum!
I got an email a few days ago from the meetings coordinator and apparently a whole slew of us had to move from the conference hotel to another hotel because of incomplete renovations at the conference hotel.  The walls are paper thin.  I can hear the guy next door yakking on the phone.  I hope this won't be a regular occurrence.

0 comments :

Post a Comment