Pages

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Yard Sale Finds

After spin class this morning, I went to a yard sale near my parents' house.  The lady had tons of toys like Pokemon and that sort of thing.  I picked out two Pikachu figurines because I thought they were cute.  A little boy and his father were looking through the toys as well. The boy asked me, "Can I see that?"  I said sure and gave him one of the Pikachus.  To my surprise, he put it in his grocery bag!

o_0

Hey, I was going to buy that!

I debated on what to do.  On one hand, I had it first.  On the other hand, he was a cute little, probably around 5 years old, and maybe too young to know that was not a kind thing to do. 

I asked him if he was going to buy the figurine, in earshot of his father.  "Yes."  "Well, I had it in my hand first."  The dad took over, "Now, Michael, who had it first?"  The kid had the gall to say "I did!"  Nope, nice try.  What a little fibber.  I eventually got the toy back, paid 25 cents for the pair and went on my merry way. 

I think if he had told the truth, I would have given it to him.  You just don't take things from people.  That's not a nice thing to do.  Sighhh.

1 comments :

cards4ubylouise and other treasures said...

Well hopefully the kid learned a lesson from that. Geez...just goes to show the sin nature is alive and well in little people too!!

Post a Comment