Pages

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Two-a-Day

Since I was already up and awake at 7:30 AM I decided to go to two spin classes this morning. I was there for so long that the counter on the bike started back at zero.  Surili (my coworker) was kicking my butt on Fitbit steps and I ate a lot of good food from Pacci's last night, so I was feeling motivated to get moving this morning.
I took the $3 Extra Care Bucks I got yesterday and a Sally Hansen $1 off coupon to CVS after class and got a matte top coat and a green nail polish (I-rush Luck).  The Buy 1, Get 1 50% off sale also helped.  I can't wait to try them both when it's time for a new manicure.

When I got home and took a shower, I got on a cleaning spree.  I did 2 loads of laundry and washed my makeup brushes.  In the first round, I used a liquid spray cleaner that I got from CVS last year, but afterwards, I decided to do round 2 with some Dr. Bronner's peppermint bar soap (purchased at Target for 10% off...which was nice because it's a little pricier than other soaps).  I saw many makeup folks sing its praises in getting the job done (specifically Hollie Forrest and Rachel from Glow of Grace).  Oh yes.  They were not kidding.  The soap got out what the liquid cleaner couldn't.  So much so that the white tips that I thought were stained with foundation and blush came back (well, closer to white at least...)!  You could see the foundation color the suds in Round 2!  It kinda grosses me out that all this time, only doing Round 1 was not effective enough. 

0 comments :

Post a Comment