Pages

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Yard Sale Finds

Today's yard sale run was good and bad.  The first place that I went to had craft/stamp supplies in their listing and as I was walking up the driveway, some pre-teen and her mom walked away with those items.  Dang it, if I had gotten there 5 minutes earlier!  I was too busy looking at stuff at the house across the street.  Oh well.  Finders keepers.  Another yard sale had old video games.  The guy selling them said $1 each.  I wasn't sure if I wanted to take them so I went back to my car to check on my phone how they'd do on Ebay.  I decided to take them and sure enough, I bought them at 9 AM (thankfully the guy had batteries so I could check to make sure they worked), cleaned them up and listed them on Ebay and by 2 PM, the blessed Ebay chime went off on my phone.  $14.99 for the lot of 2.  At the third yard sale, I bought a Jillian Michaels workout DVD for $2 for myself to keep.  Not a bad day today, especially since I already made money!  It's been a while since I've done some treasure hunting, but hopefully this means I'm getting back into the groove.
For dinner, I picked up some cheesesteaks and went to my parents' house to hang out with Julie and my cousin.  It's been a while since we've hung out, so this was a perfect opportunity.

0 comments :

Post a Comment