Pages

Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Food, Coffee, Cake, and Surprise Gift

The potluck was a big hit!  There were so many tasty things that people brought to share.  My favorites were Michelle's green bean casserole and Carol's broccoli salad and Chris's noodle dish.  Of course, I had to try a slice of my pumpkin cheesecake and I also snagged a chocolate chip cookie.  Many people brought store bought desserts, but those didn't get very far. I got several compliments on the cheesecake (and my braided hair) today :)

Before going to a colleague's good-bye gathering, Michelle and I took advantage of Starbucks's Buy 1, Get 1 Free holiday drink.  "Can I get a small peppermint mocha?" she asked the barista.  I followed with "Can I get a peppermint mocha, full fat?"  Go hard or go home, I say!  We have a coffee date on Friday afternoon; her treat this time to even us out.  On another note, there was a creepy guy standing in the line behind me.  I was trying to ignore him.  Michelle said that he tried to touch me, but I stepped aside in time.  Ack.

With everyone's full tummies from the potluck, there was actually some cake leftover. Reggie ordered a half vanilla and half chocolate cake.  I think he was envisioning that it'd be one side vanilla and the other side chocolate.  Nope, it was one layer of vanilla in between two layers of chocolate.  No what we had in mind, but not incorrect either.

I went over to my parents' house tonight to pick up the bag that Mom made for Robyn with the remainder of the fabric I used for the photo board.  She also handed a book on origami that my uncle from Japan sent me.  How thoughtful! :) 

The new neighborhood cat that I named Homer also came back for a visit.  Mom built him a shelter with Ginger's old carrier.  He disappeared after eating his snack, but I found him in the carrier, so cute! :)

0 comments :

Post a Comment