Pages

Saturday, November 22, 2014

New Hairdo (Again!)

I was looking at other tutorials that Twist Me Pretty had to offer on her YouTube channels, and I found another one that I wanted to try today.  It's the 5-strand Dutch braid.  It took me about 1.5 hours to get mine to a point where I'd go outside with it in public.  Wow, were my shoulders aching afterwards! But hey, it's the price of success.

Mom gave me food to bring to the office for the food drive and I used one of her grocery bags.  After my hair battle this morning, I went over to return it and also do some grocery shopping.  I went to CVS to see if they had anything that I liked on clearance, but I walked out with nothing because, really, I have enough!  I probably have a similar color somewhere and I don't really need a new eyeliner (I have 3 black eyeliners that I'm working on finishing...I'm almost there!) or mascara (working on a tube and a sample and I have one waiting after those 2 are done).  I guess I like to look at pretty things.  I ended up going to Starbucks and got a Salted Caramel Mocha...yum!

When I was at my parents' house, Mom was like "You have makeup on.  You don't need to wear makeup on the weekends."  Eh, I feel like you can wear makeup whenever you feel like it.  I was rocking winged liner (revisiting Maybelline Line Stiletto, which is starting to grow on me) and Revlon Matte Balm in Sultry.

I came home to eat and then I went back out to the mall to get some steps in.  I'm really slacking on my Fitbit leaderboard.  Usually I'm at #1 or #2, but because I was lazy and didn't go to spin class during the week, I've fallen to #3.  Grrr.  I went to Target (but didn't buy anything because I'm waiting for a Target gift card that I bought using credit card points), Macy's (got bombarded by several perfume saleswomen.  I'm just browsing, thank you!), Joann's (got a bottle of glue with my 20% off coupon), New York & Company (nothing), and DSW Shoes (nothing there either).

I had my eye on Gucci Guilty at Macy's, but I was hoping to find a deal on it online.  So I ended up logging onto Ulta.com when I got home and bought it in a pen spray form as well as Clinique Happy rollerball and Marc Jacobs Honey pen spray with the buy 2, get 1 free rollerball/spray.  I also got the Ulta serving set free because of my purchase and free shipping.  And 8% Ebates cash back.  Whoo hoo!  :)

0 comments :

Post a Comment