Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2016

New Cards, CrossFit and Spin

When the alarm went off this morning at 5:30 AM, my body was like NOPE! I looked at the WOD on my phone (lots of running and burpees). DOUBLE NOPE! And it was raining hard. NOPE NOPE NOPE. I will have a better attitude about it when it’s time to go to the 5:15 PM session. I owe my friend a text to confirm that I went. Hooray for accountability?

I enjoyed my day off and made some cards, something I hadn't done in a while. RJ was on bird patrol, and I was glowering at my battle bruises from Tuesday’s CrossFit session. I know it’s from the hang cleans this past Tuesday, but it’s weird that I don’t have a similar one on my left thigh.

When I was on my way to the 5:15 PM session, Maria texted me to see if I was ready to crush those burpees (see, accountability?). It’s the long workout day, eek. After some core work, the WOD was the following.

1 mile run
100 burpees
Max clean and jerks
Time cap: 20:00

I got through 60 burpees and time ran out. Whew! I there's only one person in each class that's been able to get to the clean and jerks. That's how I know it's a real challenge. I haven’t been to spin class in a week and I felt guilty about it, so after I caught my breath, I went to the 6:30 PM class. Go me! 

0 comments :

Post a Comment