Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2016

One Year of CrossFit

I haven't done a before and after picture in a while, but I figured that today would be worthy of one.

6/26/2015: this is the day before my first CrossFit class at my gym.
6/28/2016: this was today after class. I can see a noticeable difference in my arms and in midsection, YAY YAY YAY!

It's kinda amazing what can happen in a year with a lot of sweat, teeth gritting and sometimes waking up before the sun comes up to get a workout in. Sure, the workouts are daunting sometimes, but the people at the gym (both members and coaches) are so supportive. No one judges anyone else for the weight they are lifting or what they look like. We are all a mess after the workout anyway. No makeup, no fancy clothes, completely sweaty, you get the picture. But there's a certain camaraderie that's built because we all know what that particular workout felt like and that we all survived it.
We worked on our back squats today…3 x 5 at 95 lbs. My 1 rep max a few months ago was 145 lbs. That seems so far away now, given my back injury that I suffered in March. Blah, slowly but surely, I'll get back there!

WOD:
800 m run
30 hanging knee raises
800 m run
30 sit-ups
Time: 12:50

My favorite cobb salad from Panera isn't on the menu anymore, so I got one that was similar. Ugh, no good. It's back to meal prepping tonight (chicken, sweet potatoes and cucumbers) because I don't want to be stuck eating food that doesn't really taste all that great, is a little expensive and made me feel gross afterwards. I need these instances every so often to remind myself that even though it takes some work, bringing lunch from home is always a better decision.

1 comments :

Jen W. said...

Whoop whoop to one year! Look at those guns, girl! You rock! I actually thought of you today when I was at Pilates. There was a spin class going on in the next room and the instructor was screaming like a drill sergeant! It was kind of amusing to listen to while we were all quietly stretching. :)

Post a Comment