Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2016

Work Trip to Albuquerque

Oh, look. Nice hotel lighting.
I was in Albuquerque, New Mexico for my annual work conference from Sunday to today. Here are some of the highlights.

a. Wow, when people talk about dry heat, they are not kidding! It was nice to not deal with any of the humidity where I'm from. I could straighten my hair and wear it down without fear that it'll poof up when I go outside.

b. The trip foodwise was just meh. The best thing I ate at the actual conference center were the 2 breakfast sandwiches I snagged on Tuesday morning. I went to Zacatecas for dinner on Sunday with my coworkers. The chips and guacamole were yummy, but the enchiladas left me wanting more. On Monday, I hid in my room and went to bed at 9:30 PM. On Tuesday, I went out to Zinc Wine Bar and Bistro to celebrate one of my coworker's birthdays. They had a ravioli dish that was delicious. On Wednesday, I went out with my committee to St. Clair Winery and the pot roast and bread pudding that I ordered were excellent! Everyone seemed to have a wonderful time, so whew, what a weight off my shoulders!

c. I got a few sites interested in one of my projects, so I'm excited to follow-up with them when I'm back at the office next week. I also got a few compliments on my work ethic and even a handwritten thank you note from one of my committee members, so that was super nice. Oh, and another committee member mentioned that I had lost weight, so that was nice in another respect.

d. On the first flight home (ABQ to DFW), I sat next to a cute guy. However, I was way too tired to make conversation and I didn't want to be that kind of traveler. I fell asleep the whole way, and I think he did too. We sat towards the back of the plane, so it seemed to take forever to deplane. I decided to be brave and make conversation to pass the time. I asked him if he had a layover and where he was headed. He was heading to Boston. After some back and forth, I found out that he was at the conference that I was at...as a member (I went as staff). EEK. Ok, whew. Good thing I didn't say anything incredibly dumb. I texted my boss when I got off the plane because I thought she would find it amusing. She texted back "You can date members!"  NO! Nonono.  Ok, I know that you want to marry me off, but no. He would have been a good person to sit next to on the second leg of the trip. I ended up sitting next to an older woman and a woman my age from DFW to DCA, and they basically talked the whole time. I had a pounding headache and was feeing congested.

As always, it's good to be home!
Mmm, pot roast. RJ, up to no good, per usual.

1 comments :

Jen W. said...

I bitch about the humidity here but I'm a disaster when it's too dry. I was miserable when we were in Vegas - my sinuses and eyes were a mess. I felt like a dried out sponge!
Clearly hide and seek is not RJs forte...

Post a Comment