Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

31 Cent Scoop Night

Funny thing that happened at the office today: I went to our other office building across the street for a meeting. I was the only one in the conference room for a little bit. The conference room phone rings, and I pick it up. It was one of our IT guys- "Do you ever get the feeling that someone's watching you?" o_0 What? "Turn on the TV." And his face pops up! Apparently he was testing the webcam, and I just happened to be in the room. How funny but creepy at the same time.

Did anyone get ice cream at Baskin Robbins tonight? I did. It was 31 cent scoop night, I couldn't miss it! I almost did because the parking lot was very, very full. Every kid in town must have been there with their parents to get a purple/pink/green/blue ice cream cone. I got a scoop each of Rocky Road and Very Berry Strawberry. Mom got 2 scoops of the strawberry one and then shared a few licks with Ginger. The cat is very spoiled.

For tonight's card, I wanted to use some of the Basic Grey paper that I cut up last night to make matchbook notepads. Unfortunately, I didn't like the way the paper was folding, but I didn't want to just throw the cut pieces away. In an effort to salvage the paper, I punched out postage stamp pieces and then seal pieces from some brown cardstock. After adhering the paper and cardstock pieces, I stamped the sentiment, added the buttons with mini glue dots, and rounded two of the bottom corners. I didn't like the white space that was in between the paper pieces and the sentiment, so I added the dashed line. Ta da! Simple, but cute card. :)

Card Specs:

Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Chestnut Roan and Rouge
Stamps: Fiskars- Girlfriend (sentiment), Autumn Leaves- Build-a-Flower (dashed line)
Punches: Marvy Uchida (postage stamp), Brenda Walton (seal), We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper
Paper: Basic Grey (Bittersweet collection, Rocky Road paper)
Buttons: Favorite Findings in Pink

1 comments :

Anastasia said...

ohhh that is creepy - was he cute at least? haha!!
now 31c a scoop for icecream...sounds good!!!

Post a Comment