Pages

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Back to the Card Routine

Overheard at the office today: "I'm going to go potty. You guys figure it out." What makes the quote even more funny is that it came from one of the senior leaders. Yes, we're that mature around here.

As much as I had a good time in Dallas and enjoyed the food there, I am happy to be home. I guess I'm a person that likes routine. I even slept better last night. Ginger even slept with me the whole night until Dad woke up this morning to go to work. That's a rare occurrence. I'd like to think it was because she missed me.

For tonight's card, I was inspired by a new stamping technique that I saw in Kristina Werner's "A Year In Cards: April 2010" video today. It's called Stamping Off; to learn more about it, click here. It's where you stamp an image more than once without reinking the stamp. For this card, I stamped the image on a scratch piece of paper and then stamped it again on the cardstock. After stamping the sentiment, I thought about putting flower gems in the top left corner, but then I thought I'd be overdoing the flower motif. I was determined to use some sort of embellishment in the cards to add some dimension, so I ended up using tiny rhinestones in the centers of the flowers. The flower stamps was one of the stamps that I got on clearance during my recent trip to A.C.Moore. Guess how much it was. $1! :)

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Warm Green and Chestnut Roan
Stamp: The Paper Company Studio- Faith Greetings (sentiment), Inkadinkado (flower)

Don't forget about my giveaway :)

Ok, seriously, it's time for bed. Happy almost Friday!

0 comments :

Post a Comment