Pages

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Lost: Voice

Reward if found.

"How much?" you ask.

Uhhh...

Umm, I have candy! Does 3 gummy bears count? Heh. I ate the majority of the bag yesterday.

Behold the medicinal quality of Tylenol and chocolate. Maybe it's just the Tylenol, but eating chocolate does improve my mood and I am feeling somewhat better today.

Other happy things from today:
  • Woke up to a custom order from a previous custom orderer. It makes me feel good to know that the work I did the first time around was good enough to come back. Out of all the Etsy shops out there, she picked mine to do Mother's Day cards. :)
  • I bought this print from Etsy today. I needed something to fill the space that my Hello Kitty clock used to be on my wall. The clock died a few weeks ago, and I haven't found a suitable replacement. Hello Kitty cannot be replaced. It's just not possible. I have many clocks I can refer to anyway. Hello? Computer, cell phone, alarm clock in case cell phone doesn't go off, etc. I love that Etsy shop...she's doing a promo until 4/25. Don't miss out!
  • I won an Ebay auction for a We R Memory Keepers corner chomper the other day, and it was waiting for me when I got home from work today. OMG, yay! I've been wanting to get one for a while now. I wasn't a real fan of the Fiskars 2-in-1 corner punch, but I was tolerating it until I could find a good price for WRMK one. Yeah, I guess this goes against my goal of not spending so much on crafty stuff, but I couldn't pass a good deal up!
Crafty Review: I wanted to test out the WRMK corner chomper with my card tonight. I love it! With the plastic guides, I know when I've lined up the cardstock properly to punch a perfectly rounded corner. I like that the tool has a little space to catch the punched parts (you just gotta remember to empty it out every so often). You also don't have to exert too much pressure to punch through 2 sheets of cardstock. With the Fiskars one, I had to punch each corner individually, hoping that I have everything lined up. With tonight's card, I only had to punch twice and it came out perfectly. Yep, I'm a fan!

For tonight's card, I was inspired by The Little Engine That Could (the little children's book). The card is going to a friend and to make the train a little girly, I made it pink. I used a border punch on some yellow cardstock and adhered it to the card. I stamped some more and drew in smoke with a Sharpie marker. The final step was to round the corners. If I had to do the card again, I would have put the train in the center of the card because I think there's more white space on the right than I would have liked, but oh well. I think it turned out cute anyway.

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Prussian Blue, Warm Green, Yellow Ochre, Chestnut Roan, Rouge
Stamp: Inkadinkado (birds), K.I. Memories-It's a Boy (train, dashed line), The Paper Company Studio- Surf's Up (sun), The Paper Company Studio- Whimsy Greetings (sentiment)
Punch: Fiskars- Apron Lace border punch, We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper
Other: Sharpie Ultra Fine Point marker

2 comments :

Moonangelnay on Etsy said...

i used to LOVE the little engine that could! better keep an eye out for that at the library for my little boy!

Audrey said...

Love the poster you got :)
I'm not surprised you got a re-orderer, your cards are amazing!!

Post a Comment