Pages

Monday, April 26, 2010

Purple Kick Continues

For a Monday, today went well.
  • I managed to get to work 30 minutes before I normally do. I fumbled around looking for my cell phone this morning when the alarm went off, so I figured that since I was awake, I might as well muster the effort and get out of bed.
  • I went to Anna's 1-hour spin class tonight. I hadn't been in 2 weeks (1 week because I was in Dallas and last week because I was sick). It's nice to sorta be getting back in the swing of things.
  • I saw a girl that I went to high school with, so it was nice to catch up with her for a little bit. "Cute gym front desk guy" was working tonight too (extra bonus).
I forgot to mention yesterday that there was a children's art display in the mall. I stopped by to look at the artwork after I went to the post office. I was so impressed by the talent, especially in the digital art and linoleum print sections. And these were middle schoolers! Maybe they will be future Etsians. :)

I decided to continue my purple kick today with this card tonight. This was my first time using the flower stamp, and I love it! I like the variety of flowers included in just one stamp. I wasn't going to put a sentiment on the front, but then I found a "celebrate" stamp that I hadn't used before. I was going to handwrite something, but I don't think my handwriting is card-front worthy. This card was also a good opportunity to practice my knot tying skills.

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Blackberry and Rouge
Stamps: Inkadinkado (flowers), Fiskars- Baby (sentiment)
Punches: Fiskars Threading Waters border punch, We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper
Paper: Martha Stewart

Did anyone watch 24 tonight? Pretty good episode, right? I can't believe there are only 5 hours left! AH! Also, new season of The Hills starts tomorrow and Real Housewives of NJ next week. ::happy dance::

1 comments :

2justByou said...

Love the flower stamp, and I think your knot-tying is great! =)
~Kim
justByou

Post a Comment