Pages

Saturday, April 17, 2010

365 Cards- Day 48 (White Space)

I made it to spin class this morning, only to come home and take a nap shortly after. I think with the fluctuating temperatures and windy weather, my body's not really feeling it. Throat's a little sore today, but with some tea and rest, I think I'll be good to go by Monday.

I had to exert some self control today and not go to the craft store. I wasn't planning to buy anything in particular, I just wanted to go since it had been a while. I know that if I did go, I'd buy something anyway because I'm a sucker for color, great packaging, and sparkles. My car was getting a check up for most of the day, so that helped me stay put. But now, I'm trying to occupy myself so that I don't grab my keys and drive away.

I've been promoting my origami dress Mother's Day cards like crazy today on the forums and Twitter because I'm hoping that they will be as successful as they were last year. I made several today so that I could restock the shop and add a little variety to the selection (see examples below). Interested? Check them out in my Etsy shop! :)

I wandered over to 365 cards to see what their latest challenge was. Day 48 focused on white space. I came up with the birthday card on the bottom right, even though there's not much white space left. The example card didn't either, so I figured they're flexible over there. I was able to use one of the stamps that I bought on clearance recently. Mmm, cake.

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Chestnut Roan
Stamps: Savvy Stamps- Happy Birthday Written (sentiment), Savvy Stamps- Small Cake Slice (cake)
Foam adhesive: Making Memories
Paper: My Mind's Eye- Bloom & Grow
Punch: Fiskars 4-in-1 Embossing Corner- Joy of Spring
Other: Sharpie Markers

Ok, this is my last plug for my giveaway. The winner will be randomly selected on Monday, April 19. 12 people have entered so far. Are you one of them?

1 comments :

Anonymous said...

ooo the dresses are gorgeously beautiful.

Post a Comment