Pages

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Day 49- Super Sketchy Sunday

The sore throat from yesterday is still lingering, so I didn't make it to spin class this morning. Man, I hope this goes away by tomorrow, otherwise, I foresee a case of the Mondays.

Onto happier news.

I woke up to a sale this morning! One of my origami dress Mother's Day cards will be making its way to Switzerland. Whoo hoo!

For today's card, I went back to 365 cards, and the sketch today features 3 circle elements in a row. The finished card turned out to be similar to this one. One thing that I did differently was not using all Prima flowers. Instead, I punched scalloped circles out of some yellow cardstock and used scissors to cut petals. I curled the petals a little by using a pencil and gently wrapping each petal around it. I like how the bright yellow stands out from the mossy green background.

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Deep Green
Stamp: Fiskars- Thank You (sentiment)
Flowers: Prima
Brads: Making Memories Brad Value Pack- Chelsea's Place collection
Sticker: Cloud9 Design- Wedding
Punch: EK Success Scalloped Circle punch (2 inch)

Wow, since last night's post, I went from 12 to 18 people entering in my giveaway. I'm curious to see who the winner will be. We'll find together tomorrow, stay tuned! :)

Off to eat some lunch, read Harry Potter 7, and take a nap. byE for now.

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

this is such a pretty card.. Love all the flowers.

Rose said...

oh what pretty flowers :) fantastic take on the sketch

~ Sophia ~ said...

Really a nice take on the sketch. Way to go... = )

~amy~ said...

Oh I love your blooms...great job!

Post a Comment