Pages

Thursday, April 1, 2010

No Jacket Weather

Today was the first "no jacket weather" I've had in a while. It's great! Spring is awesome!

You know what else is awesome? Colorbox Fluid Chalk Ink. I saw that Joann's was having a sale on them last week, so I bought 4 chalk ink queues, and oh yes, I did use them tonight. How could I resist?

Funny thing from spin class tonight: "La La" by Ashley Simpson came on, and the spin instructor asked the class "Does anyone like Ashley Simpson?" Silence from the crowd. "Well, I do. And I don't care what you think." Mind you, this is a 30-something year old guy. Ha ha. Hey, whatever floats your boat.

Here were my goals for tonight's card: use some sort of purple scrap, use a new stamp, and use one of the new Colorbox Queues. I started out with the cupcake stamp that I bought last Sunday at Michaels. Then I went with a dark/light blue background. I needed to have something to balance out the cupcake on the left, so I got a lavender purple scrap, used a border punch on it, and put it on the corner. The ribbon came next and then finally the sentiment. I had been making "Thank You" origami flower cards earlier, and since the sentiment stamp was already out, meh, might as well use it. As an aside, I noticed that the fabric scissors were not on my desk tonight. I think Mom has reclaimed them.

Card Specs:
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Chestnut Roan and Prussian Blue
Punches: Fiskars Twist & Flip 2-in-1 corner punch, Fiskars Apron Lace border punch
Stamps: Studio G (cupcake), The Paper Company Studio- Whimsy Greetings (sentiment)
Paper: Martha Stewart

I decided to take tomorrow off from work, but I haven't decide what I'm going to do with my free time. I'll definitely be working on my inventory for the craft fair (card count: 125+) and go to spin class in the morning, but I'm probably going to spend some time outside because it's supposed to be gorgeous weather. Whatever I decide to do, you'll read about it tomorrow. Oh, the suspense!

0 comments :

Post a Comment