Pages

Saturday, August 7, 2010

August Sister Challenge, Day 1

Today was pretty productive. Spin class in the morning (meh, wasn't really feeling the music, but at least I got a work out in), made some more origami dress cards while watching NCIS episodes, went to the grocery store to buy drinks for the company picnic next Friday, and whoo hoo, took an afternoon nap! :)

Since Julie is home for a few days, so the sister challenge has returned. Today, she picked out the Martha Stewart paper, and 4 circle stamps from Fiskars (none of which I've used before, I'm pretty sure). The card that you see is actually the second card that I made tonight. I didn't like the direction that the first one was going, so I recycled it and made this one instead. I really had to stretch my imagination this time because I wasn't used to using so many stamps that looked kinda similar. I did notice that they were all different sizes...and then they reminded me of a snowman. So I stacked 3 of the circles on top of one another and heat embossed them with white embossing powder. I adhered the purple cardstock and pink patterned paper and then added the ribbon. I found a good tip over at Darlene Design today about putting the mini glue dot on the card BEFORE you tie the bow to keep the ribbon in place. I've always done it after and then was frustrated that the ribbon didn't stay put while I was tying the bow. Duh. Then that left me with the sentiment in the center. It looked like it'd fit in a 1 3/8 circle punch, and look at that, it did! I attached the punched out circle sentiment on the snowman's tummy and put a nose on him for a finishing touch. It was either a carrot nose or a top hat, but space was running low up at the top of the card, so a nose it is. It's an out-of-season card, but winter will be here before you know it!

Card Specs:
Embossing powder: Stampendous! in white
Embossing ink: VersaMark
Ink: StazOn in Jet Black
Stamp: Fiskars- Wishes All Around (all)
Punch: We R Memory Keepers Corner Chomper, EK Success Circle punch (1 3/8 inch)
Foam Adhesive: EK Success

1 comments :

Modred Vintage said...

I've purchased my Christmas tags, so it's never too early.

Post a Comment