Pages

Friday, August 13, 2010

Company Picnic + August Sister Challenge, Day 5

The company picnic was today. The planning committee (myself included) was prepared for everything except for the weather. :P The stormy weather from yesterday made the picnic grounds very, very muddy. One of the planning committee members went to the site in the morning and thought it was doable anyway. When we go to there to start setting up, the Parks and Recreation people informed us that the site was closed! Um, what? There was no sign, and the barricade in the road was only half covering it. After some suspenseful moments, the Parks people gave us permission to use the picnic site. We didn't end up playing volleyball or doing the relay race that I planned, but people seemed like they were having fun under the circumstances. The BBQ food was so yummy! I appreciated that everyone went with the flow and made the best out of the muddy situation.

After the picnic, we were dismissed early and I basically crashed when I got home with a 4 hour nap. Heh. :D

For today's card, my sister picked out a stamp in an unconventional way ("I'll go through your stamp stash, and I'll pick something from the 15th stamp set that I come across"). So she picked out the dream sentiment stamp and the pink ornate Martha Stewart paper. I thought I'd go along with the square theme. I added the clear swirls because I thought that the white looked too empty and topped off the card with a periwinkle bow to match the periwinkle squares. Gasp! No rounded corners...it's been a while since I've made a card without them.

Card Specs:
Embossing powder: Stampendous! in clear
Embossing ink: VersaMark
Ink: Colorbox chalk ink in Yellow Ochre
Stamp: Inkadinkado (swirl), Fiskars- Squarely Sentimental (sentiment)
Paper: Martha Stewart

1 comments :

Modred Vintage said...

Mmmm, BBQ. Cute card, as always.

Post a Comment