Pages

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Flower Tag

One of the techniques that learned in Sunday's class was to use Prismacolor colored pencils really heavily to color in images stamped on kraft cardstock. Instead of doing a card today, I decided to break out the tag die that I bought a few weekends ago. I stamped the Hero Arts Cling Dots (I knew I'd get a lot of use out of that stamp!!) and then the flower in the lower right corner. I colored it in with the colored pencils, laying the color on pretty thick as to cover the white chalk ink dots. The flower looked kinda lonely so I added some other flowers. The green flower as been sitting on my desk for a while, so I tacked it on and then the Prima flower, since I've been neglecting my bag of them. I used my Stampamajig to line up the sentiment on the top left. Maybe I'll make some of these to sell at the craft fairs this fall/winter? What do you think?

Card Specs:

Ink: StazOn in Jet Black. VersaMagic chalk ink in Cloud White.
Stamp: Hero Arts Cling Dots (polka dots), Heidi Grace Designs- Paradise (flowers). I can't remember what brand the sentiment stamp is from.
Colored pencils: Prismacolor in Carmine Red, Copenhagan Blue
Die: Sizzix- Tim Holtz Alterations Tattered Flowers (green flower), Sizzix- Tags, Scallop Combo #2 (tag)
Flower: Prima (teal)
White Gel Pen: Inkssentials

Songs of the day: "Mine"- Taylor Swift. I had it on repeat at work, and I heard it a few times when I was in the car today. "Just the Way You Are"- Ahmir (Bruno Mars cover)...I like this version more than the one that's on the radio these days.

0 comments :

Post a Comment